Offshore Oil Spill Containment Boom
8″ Oil Spill Containment Boom
ACME Environmental’s 8 Inch Oil Spill Containment Boom is classified as both Inland & Nearshore and Offshore containment boom! Because of the flotation size, these containment booms are ideal for large lakes, bays, and harbors and are capable of withstanding stronger current, wind, and larger waves. The recommended skirt depths are 12″, 16″, or 24″ and custom sizes are available.
8 Inch Oil Spill Containment Boom Specifications:
- 8″ Diameter Flotation
- Choice of skirt depth (12”, 16″, 24″, or Custom – choose from drop down)
- 1/4″ / 5/16″ / 3/8″ Galvanized Chain Ballast
- 22 oz. / sq. yd. Jaton or 24 oz. / sq. yd Jaton Plus fabric: orange or yellow
- ASTM aluminum quick latch (Z) or slide couplers are recommended
- Top tension cable available on request
Boom Fabric Information and Choices
Recommended Section Lengths: 50′ and 100′
Recommended Use: The 8 Inch Oil Spill Containment Boom is recommended for large lakes, bays or harbors. Top cable is recommended when several hundred feet are deployed. 3/8″ chain ballast is recommended when tidal flows or currents exist.
Not Sure What Size You Need? We Can Help!
ACME Environmental has over 55 years of experience in manufacturing oil spill containment boom and all of our team members would be happy to answer your questions. Let us help you find the perfect size and length of containment boom to fit your needs.